Friday, September 4, 2015

September Mix: Not Worthy

Who even knows anymore. Here's a mix to run away to.

1. The Knower - Youth Lagoon



2. No Life for Me - Wavves X Cloud Nothings



3. Bad Things - Cults



4. Needles And Pins - Surfer Blood



5. Prince Johnny - St. Vincent



6. The One I Love - Blonde Redhead



7. No One Does It Like You - Department Of Eagles



8. For Tomorrow - Blur



9. Express Yourself  - N.W.A.



10. Les Os - The Unicorns



11. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen



12. Ghosts - The Jam



13. Oh Dear - Brandi Carlile



14. Quiet  - Rachael Yamagata




Check it out on Spotify here:
*Rachel Yamagata track missing



NOTES:

1. This album came after Trevor Powers returned to his native Boise Idaho to re-group after one of his friends passed away. That death stuff does something to "I think I've had a lot of barriers in my life in general that I don't let people past, and I've gotten really sick of all that... It's to tiring trying to pretend you don't have as many flaws as everyone else".

Cutie. And my new fashion icon.
He drops some some scary truths on this track. Preach.

4. "...we should be wary
of who we're pretending to be"

5.


6. Cannot get over this song. It was a standout from their show this past summer.

8. Never Let Me Go in song form.

9. Had to include a musical shout out to Straight Outta Compton. Hey moms! This one's clean so share it with your kids so they can get some education.

10. I ended up going to my 10-year high school reunion if you can believe it. This track is in honor of that and all that bittersweet nostalgia I've been feeling lately. I saw The Unicorns in person for the first and last time 11 years and 3 days ago. Weird weird weird.

11. Yeah boi get it.

12. This song kills me. It's a beauty. Love the lyrics.

13. Still feeling haunted by Love & Mercy, and I feel like this song captures those qualities. Even if it's not by the Beach Boys, sound like it could be. You need to see it if you haven't already.

14.
Read here



No comments:

Post a Comment