Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Music for your Midweek: The Unicorns (!) - 2014

It's 2014...
AND THE UNICORNS ARE HAVING A REUNION TOUR!!!

It's in the works. You can read about it here.


I loved the Unicorns. In the summer of 2004, I went on a school trip to Europe. We did a lot of driving and riding on trains. I had a few albums on heavy rotation at the time The Shin's "Chutes Too Narrow", Blur's "Modern Life is Rubbish" (This was my souvenir from Florence. Weird? I know), the Garden State soundtrack, and The Unicorns' "Who will cut our hair when we're gone?". We would trade around CDS to listen to on our DISCMANS. That's how I found the Unicorns album. When I got home, Jessie Capener and I bought tickets to Ben Kweller at Bricks, and guess who was opening....?

I wore a red, white, and blue puffy vest that I bought in Italy and it was so hot.

The Unicorns wore little kids ghost Halloween costumes.

Ben Kweller wore a denim jacket, I think.

The Unicorns covered 50 cent.

Ben Kweller covered Vanilla Ice.

It was glorious, and all was right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment