Friday, February 14, 2014

February Mix: Hot. Cool. Yours.

This is one of the most honest Valentines Day mixes you're gonna get. Love is sad and great and awful and mundane and thrilling. At least that's what they tell me. I tried to capture all those sentiments in these song choices. All covers too, so that's fun. 14 songs for your February 14th. Here's to LOVE:


1. Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus Cover) - Sondre Lerche


2. Doo Wop (That Thing) (Lauryn Hill Cover) - Quantic Y Anita Tijoux


3. Hold On, We're Going Home (Drake cover) - Arctic Monkeys


4. Lovefool (Cardigans Cover) - RAC


5. Love Is Blindness (U2 cover) - Jack White



6. Say You'll Be There (Spice Girls Cover) - MØ



7. With or Without you (U2 Cover) - Twin Shadow



8. The Lovers (Rod McKuen Cover) - Arctic Monkeys


9. Video Games (Lana Del Rey Cover) - Bombay Bicycle Club



10. Chances (Strokes Cover) - NOBODY



11. Climax (Usher) - Mt. Wolf



12. Are You That Somebody? (Aaliyah Cover) - The Gossip


13. Love Vigilantes (New Order cover) - Iron and Wine



14. Love (John Lennon Cover) - Beck



NOTES:
1. This is what being wrecked by love is. A perfect cover.
2.  A little bit of Spanish and a little bit of Portuguese in this cover. Rekindling my love of Lauryn Hill. She is the queen.
3. From BBC's Radio 1 Live Lounge. You MUST watch the video and check out Alex Turner's sweet dad-dance moves.
6. Still reminiscing about the excellent 27th birthday party some dear friends threw for me. It was Spice Girl themed. Need I say more?
7. U2 makes another appearance. Bono and the Edge may seem like dorks, but they do have some lovely songs.
8. I finally found this song after three years. It breaks my heart.
12. YEEEESSSS
14. I read part of a biography of The Beatles. And John Lennon you guys. Not a nice guy. So full of himself and proud. But when I listen to his songs... I just don't care. They are perfection.

P.S. Do you like these soundcloud embeded thingies? I thought they were a nice touch.

2 comments: