Monday, November 19, 2012

November Mix: What I Have Is Right Here

Guess what.

My faithful MacBook Air has passed on.

Such a pity.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the mix! Since I am computer-less, I'm not sure how I'll put together new mixes, so this may be the last one in a while :(

1. Diamond Day - Vashti Bunyan
2. In Our Talons - Bowerbirds
3. Shut Eye - Stealing Sheep
4. How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep - Bombay Bicycle Club
5. Storm - Django Django
6. Pull My Heart Away - Jack Penate
7. Mardy Bum (Live Beat 106 Session) - Alex Turner (of Arctic Monkeys)
8. I Think I Need A New Heart - The Magnetic Fields
9. Happy Up Here - Royksopp
10. Pa Pa Power - Dead Man's Bones
11. Its Real - Real Estate
12. Crutch & Cane - Peter Wolf Crier
13. Dance Me to the End of Love (Leonhard Cohen Cover) - Madeleine Peyroux
14. Islands (XX Cover) - Atlas Genius
15. Hood - Perfume Genius
16. All At Sea - Richard Waters

NOTES:
1. Tell me more about Vashti Bunyan. She is a mystery to me. Lately, I've been trying to avoid wikipedia, and find out information from friends and family. It's much more interesting and sparks some great conversation. Let's connect more, right?
5. Have you seen the preview for Django? It looks great but it also looks like it might make me throw up :(
7. Me and this song celebrated our 6-year anniversary this past summer :)
10. You need to watch this video. Oh man, I'm dying over here:


But just to make it clear, Jack White did it first.

11. PUPPPPPPPIIIIIIEEEESSSS

15. This artist reminds me of a  Peruvian boy I once met. We were waiting for the bus and started chatting. We hardly said anything, I just asked him how his day was, and  tears started falling from his eyes. He had a look of desperation, it was clear he was holding onto so much hurt...

This is great also:


You can use Spotify to listen to tracks here. Mind you, a couple are a little different:






No comments:

Post a Comment