Second verse, same as the first. A little bit louder and a little bit worse. If you're looking for a good time, this mix is not it, though it gets a bit more hopeful at the end. See you at school:
1. Bad Religion - Frank Ocean
2. Present Tense - Radiohead
3. Armonica - Darkstar
4. Lady Of The Ark - Kyle Craft
5. Snowflakes Are Dancing - Kurt Vile
6. Diddy Bop (ft. Raury & Cam O'bi) - Noname
7. Oh Marie - Sheryl Crow
8. Girl Called Alex (3.2.14) - Lady Lamb
9. Familiar - Agnes Obel
10. To Whom It May Concern - Rodriguez
11. The Things I Regret - Brandi Carlile
12. Always Love - Nada Surf
13. Stand By Me (Live At The Late Show With David Letterman) - Tracy Chapman
1. In honor of Frank Ocean long-awaited new album, even though I probably won't give it a listen for a good long while.
5. "Disc man is pumping
headphones are loud
chilling on a pillowy cloud"
*my version of the lyrics
6. Everyone watching The Get Down or what? If it were set today, this song would be in it.
9. I've missed you, Agnes Obel. Just in time for fall weather music.
12. Soundtrack to all your favorite WB teen shows
The song this mix is named after. Managed to cram 3 of his songs on one page. Kurt Vile is a gem and a poet. I'm am beyond pleased I got to sneak in and see him perform a couple weeks ago. His songs are too much and I'm getting sensitiv-er and sensitiv-er by the minute:
"I might be adrift,
but I'm still alert
concentrate my hurt
into a gold tone"