Alrighty tighty. You know those weeks when everything is wrong? You feel sort of desperate and broken and tired? Well this past week was one of those weeks. This mix is a shout-out to that feeling. Everything was a wonderful high, everything was terrible low. I think it was all just too much really. I was in a rush of school, work, HARRY POTTER, and snow. So here is how you fix it.
You let yourself commiserate and wallow in the mire of self-pity, and then you get better.
I feel much better now at least. You know, remembering to keep the main thing the main thing. That relief is mostly do to the fact that we have THANKSGIVING BREAK! And we are eating at my house! And I've been recruited to spend tomorrow making pies. Like 50 of them. Just so you know, thanksgiving is getter bigger and better. Billie Ann Devine found a new recipe for cranberry sauce that uses lychee fruit in it, so that means we will have a grand total of EIGHT TYPES OF CRANBERRY SAUCE. BOO-YAH.
Here is the mix to get you back on your feet. You are free from class for a few days, and you can use the snow as an excuse for being anti-social. Tracks 1-9 are the illness. These are the songs that run through my head when I have a fever. Tracks 10-16 are the cure, with a spoonful of sugar. Tune in, and have a safe and snug night.
1. Something Is Wrong - Phantom Planet
2. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
3. Better Than Me - The Brobecks
4. I'm So Tired - The Beatles
5. It's Easy to Sleep When You're Dead - of Montreal
6. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine - The White Stripes
7. Frontier Psychiatrist - The Avalanches
8. Used Goods - Love Is All
9. They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh! - Sufjan Stevens
10. If You're Feeling Sinister - Belle & Sebastian
11. Make You Feel Better - Red Hott Chili Peppers
12. Keep It Together - Guster
13. Fix You - Coldplay
14. Lullabye - Billy Joel
15. Days Like This Help Me Warm - The Polyphonic Spree
16. True Love Will Find You in the End - Beck
P.S. I just figured out this playlist thing, so I hope it works! The only track missing is The Beatles. iTunes may have them now, but they still are M.I.A. on grooveshark