Saturday, October 27, 2012

All Hallow's Eve Mix 2012 and a "make-it-work" moment

Last night a few of these kids I know threw a masquerade. It was formal, and considering I have   almost never went to prom/any formal event whatsoever, I did not have a dress. Although D.I was pretty picked over, I managed to find something. Take a look:


This is me looking sulky pre-transformation. It's just a blah, beige house coat, hiding a great leopard print lining. So I just turned it inside out, cut off the tags, rolled up the sleeves, broached up the neckline, added a belt andVOILA! A dress!



Not quite a formal, but I don't mind. It was only $6!

AND

Here's your Halloween mix for the freakin' weekend. Creep on creepin' on.

1. I Dream of Burning Buildings - Southern Tenant Folk Union
2. Please Don't Follow Me - James Murphy
3. Satin In A Coffin - Modest Mouse
4. Ashes - Dark Dark Dark
5. In The Room Where You Sleep - Dead Man's Bones 
6. Chicago At Night - Spoon
7. Paranoid Android - Sia
8. The Ghost Who Walks - Karen Elson
9. Evil - Interpol 
10. Toxic - Yael Naim
11. Bad Ritual - Timber Timbre
12. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
13. Somewhere In Your Heart - Jessica Lea Mayfield

You can listen to this mix on Spotify as well:


NOTES:
1. these guys are so great, and so far away.
2. Just now realized this is the guy from LCD Soundsystem. Doy.
5. Yes, this is Ryan Gosling.

Haunted Hottie.




2 comments:

  1. Gretchen!! The dress transformation is incredible!! I'm completely amazed. Take me DI shopping with you the next time you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy to find it. I'll be in Salt Lake next weekend, so we should do some shopping then!

      Delete