Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Music for your MIdweek: Beck - "Blue Moon" and "Wave"

Hey kids! I finally gave Beck's new album this week in preparation for the Twilight concert coming up tomorrow. I'm going to be candid with you. If he mostly plays songs from his new album, it's going to be a snoozefest. A lovely, melodic snoozefest. That's not to say I don't like the album, it's just a more mellow, atmospheric album. That being said, I quite enjoyed this track:



But the song that really grabbed me is "Wave". I first heard this song when it was used in a performance of So You Think You Can Dance. So beautiful. Watch below, and be amazed:



And here's another troupe dancing to Beck's "Turn Away". You may recognize the track from the trailer for Wild. Dancers love Beck!




Hope to see you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment