Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Music for your Midweek: "La quiero a morir"

My taste in music changed drastically on my mission. the cheesier the better. One of my very favorite songs that we would hear on combis and buses was DLG's (Dark Latin Groove!!!!) "La Quiero a Morir" :



It wasn't till after my mission that I discovered the true story behind this song. It was originally written in French by Frances Cabrel and released in 1979. It was a huuuugeee hit, and so he decided to release a version in Spanish in 1980 which made it an even HUGER hit. Sort of like the Hallelujah of latin america.

Shakira does a lovely version...



and so does Jarabe de Palo and Alejandro Sanz...



But you gotta watch DLG perform it live. It is a sight to behold.



It doesn't even matter if they're a little flat.
Watch them dance.
Toooooo sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment