Saturday, February 14, 2015

"I really love you baby, cross my heart"

I've thought long and hard about what to give y'all for Valentines day this year, and I've settled on one of my favorite videos of the original true heart throb:




Elvis may have been a bit of a weirdo, but he knew how to work a crowd. He belongs to my heart.




This video is from his second appearance on the Ed Sullivan show in 1957. Ed had to pull quite a few strings, and took a few risks in getting Elvis on the air. He was considered far too vulgar for television. In fact, Elvis' first appearance eon the show received so much criticism, they decided to compromise on his second go, and film him only from the chest up. Had to keep those hips out of impressionable young minds! Even though he was "edited", in a sense, you can still tell how he drives the audience crazy. Notice the skillful change of shot to the guitar at 1:23? Ha.





So a happy valentines day to you.
From me and The King.

No comments:

Post a Comment