Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December Mix: Weary World

Posting on a Tuesday just to throw you off. Or maybe I'm the only one who notices these things. HA. This is a good mix to listen to if you are contemplating possible homelessness come January 1st.

1. I Won't Stay Long - Sixpence None the Richer

2. Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys

3. Lost Kitten - Metric

4. I Remember - Bully

5. Afterlife - Arcade Fire

6. I Was A Stranger - Smog

7. Souls Like The Wheels - The Avett Brothers

8. God Bless the Child - Billie Holiday

9. Impregnable Question  - Dirty Projectors

10. Class Historian - Broncho

11. Snakeskin - Deerhunter

12. It'll All Work Out - Blake Mills

13. Marken Låg Stilla - Dungen

14. Try Again - Aaliyah

15. No Viniste (Natalia Lafourcade Cover) - Carla Morrison

16. Replica - Oneohtrix Point Never

17. Sun In Your Eyes - Grizzly Bear


Click here for the Spotify version of this playlist. Some tracks missing.

NOTES:
3. <3 p="">
5. Break your heart, watch this music video

9. Our beloved Tetons star in this video.
10. Got to see these guys at Urban Lounge last month. Big weirdo of a lead singer. Strange times.
12. Blake Mills has my heart these days. He does everything and knows everyone. Check out Heigh Ho for sure.
13. Thanks to Sondre Lerche's end of year list for leading me to this old track.
14. Inspired by one of the best Christmas gifts of all time.
17. There is a certain slant of light that makes me feel so down. Emily Dickinson knows. For me it is 3:30 on a sunny day in the middle of the winter. If that light were a song, it would sound like this. I like this song though. A "heavenly hurt" indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment