Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Unthinkable Has Happened

I just lost approximately 13,000 songs from Itunes.

Years of searching, saving, and filing...gone.

My musical memories from 2003-2010...gone.

Napster era live tracks...gone.

Songs from cds that I got rid of a long time ago because I had them "safe" on the hard drive... gone.

All I have are random songs that we accidentally downloaded to the wrong folder. I am now left with the following:

!!!
And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Our Dead
Andrea Bocceli
Andrew W.K.
Angel Romero
Animal Collective
Antony & The Johnsons
Architecture in Helsinki
B.B. King
Boredoms
Busdriver
Camara Obscura
Cat Power
Chris Dane Owens
Chuck Berry
Daft Punk
Dinosaur Jr
Dungen
Electric Six
Ella Fitzgerald
Elliot Smith
Fugazi
Gil Scott-Heron
Girl Talk
Health
Interpol
Jethro Tull
Jonathan Coulton
Kings of Leon
LCD Soundsystem
Los Campesinos!
Ludwig van Beethoven
Marc Seales, composer
Mason Jennings
Massive Attack
Moby
Mogwai
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Morrissey
Neutral Milk Hotel
Pinback
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Rain Machine
Russell Shaw
Sondre Lerche
Soundgarden
Sunn O)))
Super Furry Animals
The Beach Boys
The Fiery Furnaces
The National
Tortoise
Tunng
Vic Chesnutt
Volacano Choir
Wolfmother

This is not ok.

I hate technology.

1 comment: