Friday, September 17, 2010

I am Zach Galifianakis.

One of my first school assignment when I came back to BYU was to read "Attached to Technology and Paying a Price", featured in the New York Times in June. A recommended read. I ironically, the article is surrounded by flashing advertisements and in-article links to concentration and focus exercises. My professor encouraged us to focus on the tasks at hand, especially as we do his assignments. Literature, especially in another language (this is a Spanish lit class) requires concentration and reflection so you can be allowed to create a meaningful interpretation. So no multi-tasking, no Facebook, no music as we read these texts. Just reading the NYT article was hard enough; I'm accustomed to having several tabs open while I'm online. My professor surely gave this as our fist assignent to challenge us. It reminded me of this movie trailer: (pay attention between 0:53 and 1:05).



Professor: If hypem.com distracts you, then don't use hypem.com!
Me: Then don't put my assignments on the computer!

We could all use a little more self-restraint.

In case you were wondering, I cut my hair.
It unintentionally looks like this everyday:



I'll have a butterscotch sundae I guess.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Okay- 1) I have the SAME problem when I am doing homework that involves using a computer... It's just too tempting. 2) I love your hair cut! 3) I am now following your blog and I think your posts are great! I'll probably read it while I should be doing homework :)

    ReplyDelete