Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I am an Olympian

I'm on a roll.

This weekend was non-stop. I got much needed sun, much needed friend time, and much needed sleep.

And Monday, for the first time ever (even though I've lived in Provo on and off for SEVEN years)...
I hiked the Y!

WHAAAAATTTTTT

I thought this day would never come. AND I was on the fast side, I guess. I should have timed it. I want to make it a weekly thing. We'll see.

I've really been trying to pick up the pace, in all facets of my life. I can go forever at a comfortable pace, but that's not what I'm here to do. We're not here to be comfortable. We're here to push ourselves. I was talking to my friend about getting tired of taking risks. Her response?
"I know that feeling well. Tell it to go to hell."
That's a pretty perfect way to sum it up. We can't afford to feel tired about doing what is necessary. I've loved watching the olympics the past few days and seeing athlete after athlete putting it all on the line, watching as their success is determined by mere milliseconds and centimeters. And while I'm not going to be a "real" olympian, I want to take advantage of this new momentum I have, and let it carry me somewhere new.

*My new theme song*
Hello, August.
I'm ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment