Friday, December 7, 2012

December Mix: "It's Christmas"

Since I don't have my own computer anymore, I had to improvise this months mix a bit. Hope you don't mind!

Everyone has those special songs that they wait all year to listen to at Christmas time. There are the Bing Crosby classics and the flashy Mariah Carey ballads; but my Christmas just wouldn't be complete without this:

It's Christmas

This album has been a staple in my family since the year of it's release in 1989. My first Christmas memories are of listening to this cd and dancing around the kitchen with my mom and dad. Just look at that track list; it's stellar.

1. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)John Yoko/The Plastic Ono Band
4. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade 
5. Step Into Christmas - Elton John 
6. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens
7. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney 
10. Mistletoe & Wine - Cliff Richard
11. Walking in the Air - Aled Jones
12. A Spaceman Came TravellingChris DeBurgh
13. Stop the CavalryJona Lewie
14. Little Saint NickThe Beach Boys
17. The Christmas Song - Nat "King" Cole
18. White Christmas - Bing Crosby

Now you know. When I think "Christmas," I think "synthesizer".

NOTES:
For a REALLY odd christmas, I recommend tracks 9 and 12.
My brother Jeremy's favorite Christmas song is track 13.
And I'm quite partial to track 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment