Monday, December 31, 2012

January Mix: Party for One

For the past 10 years, I've celebrated the new year in style. We watched fireworks from our perch up in the hills. We had grand bottle rocket battles leaving us with burned fingers and singed hair. We drank sparkling cider. We danced our hearts out. We cruised the valley hopping from party to party.

But that's not how I want it to be this year. 

This time, it will be just me and the stars.

If you're feeling the same way, than this is the mix for you...

Best wishes for 2013

1. Boats And Trains - Stornoway
2. I Belong In Your Arms - Chairlift
3. Antmusic - Adam & The Ants
4. One - Ratatat
5. Yet Again - Grizzly Bear
6. What Have I Done - Anna Ternheim
7. Fiya - Tune-Yards
8. Land Of The Bloody Unknown - The Middle East
9. July Flame - Laura Veirs
10. Sewee Sewee - Mountain Man
12. Dark Parts - Perfume Genius
13. Magic - Nick Drake
14. Reason To Believe (Tim Hardin cover) - Billy Bragg
15. Auld Lang Syne - Andrew Bird

NOTES:
1. "...stop me from drifting / it's too late to be traveling"
3. Such a crush on these fellows
7. "in bloom at the end of the world"
8. Thanks Jade!
12. "the love you feel is stronger"
13. ...
14. Tricked ya. If you click the link, it's actually Karen Dalton singing. Her version is the best, but I couldn't find it in time. You can buy me this song if you want.




No comments:

Post a Comment