Friday, August 9, 2013

August Mix: Surrender

Here we go Here we go Here we go. Here's a mix for your moody muggy months. And a new format for you! Hope you like Spotify. If the song isn't available on Spotify, I've included a link to Youtube. Enjoy.

1. Ignition (1901 Remix) - R. Kelly vs Phoenix)

2. Roadrunner - The Modern Lovers


3. Royals - Lorde


4. Oceans - Crywolf & Ianborg


5. Getting Even - White Lies

6. Slow Hands (Interpol cover) - Zee Avi

7. Dreams of Cannibalism - Typhoon


8. That Awful Sound - Jackson Scott


9. Your Past Life as a Blast - Okkervil River


10. A tout a l'heure - Bibio


11. A New Error - Moderat


12. Try To Explain - The Flaming Lips

13. Tornado (Acoustic - Go Quiet) - Jónsi

14. Wait - Airhead


15. I Didn't See It Coming - Belle & Sebastian


16. Man on Fire (Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros) - Little Daylight


NOTES:
1. Brilliant
2. Good luck finding the Modern Lover's music. They are too good. I have such a crush on Jonathan Richman.
3. Thanks to Katie for this gem.
6. Trying to learn this on on the guitar. It's easy but MY POOR FINGERS I'm a wuss.
8. This guy's coming to Kilby in September. What a charming (just kidding) kid. My high-school heart would have been head-over-heels for this punk.
11. Um, I always forget this, but the most important podcast to listen to is All Songs Considered. I've found a lot of great stuff through that program, and I have no idea why I don't listen to it more often.
12. This song at Twilight killed me.
15. This song at Twilight made me dance.
16. Been listening to a lot of Alexander's stuff lately. He's great great great.

No comments:

Post a Comment