Friday, January 3, 2014

January Mix: "You're going to be ok anyway..."

This is the perfect mix to serve as a soundtrack to your upcoming 2014 existential crisis. Enjoy!

2. The Wire - Haim
3. Lost It To Trying - Son Lux
4. Chain My Name - Polica
6. Shout It Out - Mikal Cronin
7. Buried Alive - Veronica Falls
8. Dropla - Youth Lagoon
9. Open - Rhye
10. Celebrating Nothing - Phantogram
11. Retrograde - James Blake
13. Moondust (Stripped down) - Jaymes Young
15. Autumn - Airhead
16. Love More Worry Less - Bipolar Sunshine

NOTES: 
1. Norwegians, so witty. They're everywhere!
2. Haim always delivers. Also, my mom's new favorite band! She's very excited for their concert coming up in May.
4. Here's another favorite song by the group
5. THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST SONGS. Thin Lizzy. They are way cooler than anything. I just can't handle it guys. 
7. So much death in this mix. Sorry guys, it's a theme.
12. This cover is really messing with my brain. I loved how he made it major. Here's the original for reference.
15. Too much. This song takes me back to the months before my dad died. It's hard to listen to it, but hopefully therapeutic as well? It reminds me of the scene in A Christmas Carol where Scrooge is with the Ghost of Christmas Past and he sees his younger self working all the time and he yells at young Scrooge to run out the door after Isabella after she breaks off their engagement. But he can't do anything because everything he sees are just shadows of things that have already happened. That's what it's like, listening to this song.
16. One of my many 2014 resolutions. I think we could all use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment