Thursday, March 20, 2014

Meet me at the Equinox

Happy First Day of Spring! 

From here.
I went on a jog this morning for the first time in months, and it was glorious. I'm more excited for this spring/summer more than I've ever been. In a month, I'll be able to eat sugar again (woohoo!). I'm going to continue morning jogging, and train to run a 10k in August. I'm moving back up to Salt Lake. I'll be starting a new job (still haven't found one yet, but I'm confident it will all come together, right?). I'll be attending a new ward. Both my mom and I will be living in new houses.  A lot of changes coming our way.



I read this post this morning about the equinox and how it symbolizes birth and new beginnings. I love that.
"During Winter, darkness wins the day.  The vernal equinox marks the time where light and dark are in balance and bears the promise that light will overcome darkness.  In the spiritual sense, we emerge from our own darkness and into the renewal and hope of light.  Darkness shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing, though.  Much insight is gained through darkness; the light affords us opportunity for growth and change.  We emerge from a period of deep introspection,  the seeds of which are prepared to sprout in fertile soil."  
It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures; Alma chapter 5 verse 26:
"And now behold, I say unto you my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"
The Plant and its Enemy - Paul Klee
To end, here's one of my favorite songs that reminds me of spring, from one of my favorite films:

No comments:

Post a Comment