Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Music for your Midweek: Alexander - "Truth"

Became recently re-obsessed with this song. I listened to on the regular when I lived in DC for the summer. Back then I wrote that I was in such a different place then I was 6 months. What would past me think of myself now 4 years later? Horrified, I'm sure.




"I've always had a major issue with death, from a pretty young age. From about 5 years old on I was very contemplative and started to become constantly filled with nostalgia for the present moment and the feeling that it's always fleeting. And until I handled that I really didn't have a healthy mind and it took a long, long time... I think the human potential is so much farther beyond what we expose ourselves, you know? And I feel like I was just coming up short constantly because of social anxiety... So I wrote... to myself, to convince myself to really act and try to be free" 
                                                                - Alexander Ebert in an interview with The Talks

No comments:

Post a Comment