Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Music for your Midweek: Joanna Newsom - "Leaving the City"

From our drive to the Tetons last weekend

I've never been too much of a fanatic about new music. I found what I liked in my own time, and didn't worry too much about knowing the latest thing. But there seems to be so many great albums coming out this season, and I'm turning into one of those kids counting down the days for a new release. It's a silly thing. One of the albums that I am unabashedly looking forward to is from Joanna Newsom. We're exactly one month away from the release date. Listening to a new album like that is like filling a new prescription.


Things are getting dramatic around here. I like it.

Also:


GOALS

A special bonus for you. It's fall, which means I'm listening to Owen Pallet/Final Fantasy ALL. THE. TIME. Here's a gem of a song for your ennui:


Actually, you should just watch the whole concert cause it's so so good. It's fitting that I feature Owen Pallett since I'm going to see Arcade Fire's The Reflektor Tapes tonight. He's part of all that stuff, remember?   



No comments:

Post a Comment