1. The Knower - Youth Lagoon
2. No Life for Me - Wavves X Cloud Nothings
3. Bad Things - Cults
4. Needles And Pins - Surfer Blood
5. Prince Johnny - St. Vincent
6. The One I Love - Blonde Redhead
7. No One Does It Like You - Department Of Eagles
8. For Tomorrow - Blur
9. Express Yourself - N.W.A.
10. Les Os - The Unicorns
11. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
12. Ghosts - The Jam
13. Oh Dear - Brandi Carlile
14. Quiet - Rachael Yamagata
Check it out on Spotify here:
*Rachel Yamagata track missing
1. This album came after Trevor Powers returned to his native Boise Idaho to re-group after one of his friends passed away. That death stuff does something to "I think I've had a lot of barriers in my life in general that I don't let people past, and I've gotten really sick of all that... It's to tiring trying to pretend you don't have as many flaws as everyone else".
|Cutie. And my new fashion icon.|
4. "...we should be wary
of who we're pretending to be"
6. Cannot get over this song. It was a standout from their show this past summer.
8. Never Let Me Go in song form.
9. Had to include a musical shout out to Straight Outta Compton. Hey moms! This one's clean so share it with your kids so they can get some education.
10. I ended up going to my 10-year high school reunion if you can believe it. This track is in honor of that and all that bittersweet nostalgia I've been feeling lately. I saw The Unicorns in person for the first and last time 11 years and 3 days ago. Weird weird weird.
11. Yeah boi get it.
12. This song kills me. It's a beauty. Love the lyrics.
13. Still feeling haunted by Love & Mercy, and I feel like this song captures those qualities. Even if it's not by the Beach Boys, sound like it could be. You need to see it if you haven't already.