Wednesday, November 16, 2011

News News News


I just wanted to tell you...

Problem solved!

I have my whole life figured out (at least the next year of it).
I'm going to be volunteering with AmeriCorps and United Way in their Volunteer Empowerment program! It sounds really great. I feel like I will be doing good. AND I will get to use Spanish. 
Perfect, right?
Well. It was kind of a hard decision, actually.
You see, this means I will be living in Provo for another year.

I know, I know.
I had the same reaction.

I actually almost didn't accept the position. Provo has been bearable as a BYU undergrad, but I never entertained the idea of sticking around post-graduation. I didn't think I could handle it. I didn't WANT to handle it. At every turning point, I've always chosen to LEAVE. But at the beginning of this school year, I had an inkling that the next chapter in my life would have me "staying". 

Staying makes me nervous, but I think I will be ok.

Also. Have you heard about this?
Fourteen-year-old me is seriously freaking out right now.

We have to take a trip to New York this spring. Savvy?

1 comment:

  1. i'm heartbroken. promise you'll come and visit. promise me now.

    ReplyDelete