Friday, April 6, 2012

April Mix: Gradual Elation


Guess what.

In less than two weeks, I will have walked across the stage at the Marriott Center, an OFFICIAL BYU GRADUATE. wooooooohooooooo

So here's some music to celebrate graduation. Sorry,you won't find any Vitamin C or Green Day in this mix.


1. Spottie - Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
2. My Home - Nneka
3. Video Games (Lana del Rey Cover) - The Young Professionals
4. Primadonna - Marina & The Diamonds
5. Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood
6. People In Her Mind - Poor Moon
7. The Tale Of You & Me - Wild Child
8. Lakehouse - Of Monsters and Men
9. Down, Down, Down - Peter Wolf Crier
10. Beth/Rest (Solo Piano Version) - Bon Iver
11. Kids (MGMT cover) - Lady Danville
12. Clementine - Sarah Jaffe
13. Flor Es Ser - Superaquello
14. Shake It Out (Acoustic) - Florence + The Machine
15. April Showers - ProleteR

NOTES:
3. Don't hate.
11. This song reminds me of when I got home from my mission. Did you know I left for my mission almost exactly 4 years ago? Weird.
12. Interesting translation fact: the verb "florecer" means "to bloom" or "to flourish". The nonsense phrase "flor es ser" seems to mean "flower is to be", and not "is to be" like it will happen, but that flower is the essence of being. cool.
15. If someone could arrange for this song to play while I strut across the stage on the 19th, that would be just dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment