Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Some good to do.

Have you seen this video yet? They showed it after General Conference in conjunction with missionary work. Makes me tear up every time.


I've been wanting to get back into running and needed something to motivate me. I wanted to train for a race, but wasn't sure which, or when. Also, the entrance fees for these races (though they are often for a good cause) can be kind of steep. I was excited to hear about Push to the Finish where you can "provide an opportunity for children with physical disabilities to be able to experience the enjoyment, competition, and sense of accomplishment of participating in a road race." Perfect! That way, for the next few months, I won't just be training for myself, but for someone else. You need to have extra endurance to run WHILE pushing someone. Luckily, it looks like there are a lot of 5k's coming up, I think that's pretty much all I can handle for now.

Click here to watch a video with photos from past races.

I won't be able to do a race in a while since I'm helping with the soccer league every Saturday til June, so I thought I would take the time to recruit more people! This group is just starting out, and they need all the help they can get. Click here to find out more and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment