Friday, May 11, 2012

TWIX (Twilight Concert Series) Line-up.... whadayathink?

I just feel a little gross every time I talk about the Twilight Concert series. Like these guys should be playing. (Did you know that there was a "Twi-band" movement? I know.) So I'm going to refer to it as TwiCS (TWIX) from now on, because everybody loves Twix. Twix are great.

So...

The Lineup!


July 5 - Beach House with The Walkmen

July 12 - Raphael Saadiq with JJ Grey & Mofro

Aug. 2 - My Morning Jacket

Aug. 9 - Passion Pit with Austra

Aug. 16 - Iron and Wine with Kathleen Edwards

Aug. 23 - M. Ward with Devotchka

Aug. 30 - Common





Overall, I think it's a pretty decent lineup....not super exciting though. I'm interested to see how the $5 charge will affect the crowd. As much as I love Beach House and Iron & Wine, I don't think it would be worth it to see them with 50,000 other people. Yaknowhatimean? Passion Pit and Common on the other hand... PeRfEcT for this sort of thing. I'm anxious to see who will be playing the other shows in July. How about some Hoodie Allen and Jack White? I WOULD DIIIIIIIIEEE.

Here are some of my favorite tracks from these fellows to help you get excited.


Lovely.



So I didn't know much about Raphael Saadiq...
but guys....
this is SUPER hot.



"Wakin' up feelin'.......godly amber
when they tell it phony reads.
Was a bad man from.......California
Tearin' out a stormy breeze.
.....agreed..."
Yeah, I guess I never learned the real lyrics to that one.


This is an instant time machine to the month I got back from my mission.



Who needs a chorus? 
Who needs verses? 
Not Iron and Wine! They do just fine!



I know how it will end... in tears. This song always gets me.




Hello.


Listen to the Twilight Concert Series mix I made on Spotify! Isn't Spotify nift? I just love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment