Friday, February 1, 2013

Kids with Guns Pt. 3

While the discussion on guns and regulation is alive and well, it has also mellowed. Everyone has shouted out their statistics and quotes. All of which are bent to benefit whichever side they are trying to defend. Here are some of my favorite articles that have come out on guns. I like them because they come from "regular" people, who are drawing from personal experience. Check them out, and let me know what you think:

Note: There is strong language in this one.

This one mentions Foucoult, so of course, I love it

I could see myself becoming like this guy 20 years into the future... or not.

"Gun laws should be somehow created in a way that makes it harder for bad guys to get guns, and easier for law abiding citizens to have them"
Honestly, I don't know if that is possible. What I love/hate about this video, is they keep talking about how it happened in an "ideal" community, a good neighborhood. Almost as though shootings in bad parts of town are not as tragic. Why are we comfortable in making one murder more horrific than another?

"Speaking is difficult, but I need to say something important... too many children are dying. Too many children.We must do something"
I'm impressed by Gabrielle Giffords


For other thoughts on guns, check out

No comments:

Post a Comment