Thursday, October 3, 2013

A blog post for work: In which I intentionally embed links that DO NOT work

HAHAHAHAHAH

So I STRUGGLE when it comes time to do a blog post for work. I was determined that this time would be different. This time, I prepped in advance, and planned on getting my post done early about how this year is the 20th anniversary of AmeriCorps. And then this happened:


I'm fine.
I am still a VISTA. I  can continue my work, receive my stipend and my living allowance, etc. But that's not a case for many of the other VISTAs out there. Anyway, when I went to ready my post, it was a little difficult because all the website I was going to get my information from looked like this:



OOOOPPPSSSS.

Anyway. Here's the post. I included the links anyway because they'll work eventually, right? RIGHT?

Oh. And just a little rant while I have your attention. There's been a lot of joking about the government shutdown, which is fine and I actually love a lot of it. But I hope all y'all remember that a lot of us (not me, but several of my friends) have not been able to go to work. Or their businesses have been affected. Or they're working, but not sure if they'll get a paycheck anytime soon.

Just something to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment