Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Music for your Midweek: The Jam - "A Town Called Malice"

One of my absolute favorite songs of all time.



I was introduced to The Jam through Billy Elliot, and then branched off into other mod stuff when my dad gave me this compilation. Changed my life. And listening to that sort of music earned me some points when I bought The Sound of The Jam at the Virgin Record store. The cashier was majorly impressed. One of the only times I saw a boy star-eyed at my high school self.

Needless to say, The Jam were an essential part of the soundtrack of my adolescence. They will forever ever hold a special place in my heart, even though I am practically a corporate sell-out. This song has been especially prescient as I've been following coverage on Baltimore the past few days. It breaks my heart.




If you want to hear a cute little cover version, check out Absolutely Free here.




No comments:

Post a Comment