Saturday, December 4, 2010

Old News and Good News

On Wednesday, I underwent a change of identity.

I am now a Spanish major!

Now, I can get away with being an English major (i.e. reading a lot of literature) and also gain proficiency in a skill (i.e. learning one of the languages of love). To be honest, I will always consider myself an anthropology student, since that is what I spent most of my time doing. The only thing that has changed is that I won't be doing a field study anymore, which should free me up to do an internship instead. It makes logical sense.

I also found out I get to volunteer at the Sundance Film Festival. yeah yeah yeah! I'll be in the Sundance Resort Screening Room, just 5 minutes away from where I live. Perfect.

So this is something that I found a few weeks ago that I have been meaning to share with you.
This New York Times article talks about how some schools are bringing babies into classrooms to help children learn empathy. Pretty cool.

The article also provided links to these videos.






You can find more of these videos here.

Helping is so innate. A lot of selfishness is learned. I must have been really emotional when I first saw these videos, I'm pretty sure I teared up. Kids are great.

Especially this one!


Too cute. That's how my mom used to dress my little brothers. Adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment