Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ain't Nothing Wrong With That - Last of the Recap, Snap Back to Reality

Finally, the last of my Sundance recaps. Saving the best for last, of course.
Last Wednesday was the BMI Snowball. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was excited for it. The line stretched and stretched and stretched. Actually not that long. Just long enough to make me anxious that we wouldn't make it in.

But I shouldn't have worried. Soon enough, we were nice and toasty inside.

Let me just tell you.

I love Sundance, cause it has some of the weirdest crowds ever. You have mixes of college kids and retired volunteers and film people and music people and all of them are trying to mesh together and it's funny and should be really awkward but nobody cares because really: who fits in anywhere anyway?
So it was an odd mix, but I think we all enjoyed each others company. Even if quite a bit of Stella Artois got spilled on my fleece. I don't drink, but it sure smelled like I did after that party. Casualties must be expected in a setting like this.

I missed the first group, so by the time I found a spot to stand, I was listening to this guy:

Allen Stone

He was nice and chill.

And then there was this girl:


Lucy Schwartz

Isn't it great? I like her lots. And she's just 19! A baby really.

And then this kid:

His kind of music reminds me of high school. Songs by him always pop up on Pandora for me, so I guess it was high time to check him out.

But the cream of the crop was this guy:


It won't let me embed it, so click here to watch the video:

Click it

Do it now

You won't regret it

Robert Randolph and the Family Band - Ain't Nothing Wrong With That

OK
The video is a little goofy, but the song is HOT. I remember listening to it a lot soon after I got home from my mission. I really want their new album, We Walk This Road which I'm sure I will love because T Bone Burnett produced it and he is the man.

Here is the City Weekly review of the evening.

So that was the BMI Snowball. Good times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment