Sunday, July 10, 2011

Be prepared!

They told me I was going to give a talk sometime this month, I was just waiting to know when.
Well.
I walked in to sacrament meeting; late, hair unkempt, and flustered while looking for a seat. Luckily, I had picked up a program. Imagine my surprise when I saw "Gretchen Divine" listed as the 2nd speaker! 
Oh dear. 
I'm one of those people who when they are assigned to give a talk, they type the whole thing out, word for word, reviewing it several times. During the sacrament, I looked up some favorite scriptures, thought up a few examples, and hoped it would be enough. I was VERY nervous.

BUT

I think it worked out all right.

Moral of the story: be prepared


I hadn't been studying the scriptures regularly, and my plans to go to the temple fell through. Luckily, I take my journal around everywhere though, and it definitely came in handy when I was looking for scriptures. But from now on, I need to make sure I'm spiritually prepared "at all times, and in all things, and in all places," instead of just when I have a talk coming up :) 

Hope you had a happy sunday!
P.S.
These are the scriptures I shared:

No comments:

Post a Comment