Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Eloquence

Most of the time, I'm not so good with words. I stress about saying the right things at the right time. I feel pressure about meeting new people and being able to carry on a conversation. Leading me to choose to stay home instead of face the challenge. It's an issue. So much so, that I regularly read articles like this

I wish I had a personal screenwriter. Someone who could load me up with quips and conversation starters every morning. I think I would pick Aaron Sorkin.

I just watched the first episode of The Newsroom yesterday. Check out the trailer (mind you, there are some eff words):

So great! Plus it name-dropped Don Quixote about fifty times, so it HAS to be good. I'm little late to the Aaron Sorkin fanclub. I only recently figure out who he was after watching Social Network a year or so ago. Needless to say, I'm looking for dvds of The West Wing to borrow. I have some catching up to do.

I guess if he's not available, I could have the screen writer from Gilmore Girls help me out. Remember how I was in love with Jess? HAHA

OH.

And the screen writer from True Grit.


I think the trick is to never use contractions.

Words are such tricky things.

No comments:

Post a Comment