Friday, March 22, 2013

"Perfume is Spirit"

Perfume keeps getting cooler and cooler.

First this video with Julian Casablancas.

(Yes, I know I've posted it before, but I'm looking for excuses to post it all the time)

Also, the New York Times just did a book review on Denyse Beaulieu's book, "The Perfume Lover". I can't wait to read. Sounds like she's lived quite the life. A quote from her:
“You have this work of art sitting on your skin for hours,” she said of the substance that fascinates her. “You are walking in a bubble of beauty: a mini atmosphere, an invisible country in which you’re the capital.”
“Perfume is spirit,” Ms. Beaulieu said. “When you distill flowers, you literally distill their soul. Perfume is the only form of adornment that doesn’t need a mirror.”
And then a teaser by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola for the new flanker to Prada's Candy:


I don't even care how the perfume smells. I want those bottles.

The original. So hot.


And the new flanker L'eau. So so hot.
They'll be releasing the "film" sometime next week. Can't wait to see it. 

And look at this cool thing this European former basketball player is doing. You can read about his perfume line here. Tight.


I've been super weird about perfume lately. Wearing a bunch of stuff I used to really dislike. For example yesterday, I could not get enough of Clean's Shower Fresh perfume



I kept putting it on all day. So strange. It made me want to try all of Clean's other perfumes. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment