Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Music for your Midweek: Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"

Sufjan Stevens just released a 2nd track of his soon-to-be-released album this morning. He had previously released "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross", but I couldn't get myself in the right place to listen to it.

I take these things very/too seriously.

Illinoise was a special part of my last year of high school, first year of college. Age of Adz was the on repeat for a a good 6 months while I cruised through the lonely woods back and forth from Aspen Grove to Provo to Salt Lake.
Nothing could make me heartsick like those albums could.
So you understand my hesitation.

Both of these new tracks are very beautiful, of course. And I'm sure the new album will become another life soundtrack.



I'm masochistic and decided to give this new collection of Elliot Smith covers by Jessica Lea Mayfield and Seth Avett a listen this gloomy afternoon. To be honest, it's hit and miss. But when they get it, they really get it. Give it a listen here, for the next few days at least. And revisit a post from a couple years ago when I first heard them cover Elliott Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment