Tuesday, January 11, 2011

25:34

Do you have twenty-five minutes and thirty-four seconds?
Then you have time to listen to this track: Impossible Soul - Sufjan Stevens

I finally bought the album last week. 


It is something.

My commute (on a good day) is almost exactly 25 minutes, which means I have an excuse to listen to this song quite a bit. It is a good track to listen to in the morning. Especially with lyrics like this:

It's a long life / Only one last chance / Couldn't get much better / Do you wanna dance? / It's a good life / Better pinch yourself / Is it possible? / Is it possible? / Boy we can do much more together... It's not so impossible

Isn't that what everyone needs to hear first thing in the morning? 
One of the speakers in sacrament meeting spoke about confidence, and said that we should look in the mirror and say to ourselves "I got the magic in me," a la Rivers Cuomo/B.O.B.... But I think this track is more my style.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you own this album.
    there are days that i am unable to pull my ears from "age of adz"'s many amazing tracks. but, there are days when i'd choose any other sufjan album over this one.

    ReplyDelete