We brought in this new year with a bang.
My hair still smells a bit sulfuric.
Hope that your respective New Years were just as exciting and dangerous. I have high hopes for 2011. It seems that for most people I've talked with, 2009 was not so awesome. 2010 was full of possibility. It could have crashed and burned, or floated up to the heavens. We made the most of it. There was an overall sentiment of pleased wonder. "How did I get here? This is pretty awesome" is what most people were thinking. We've come so far, haven't we? We are in better places, aren't we? If you feel you can't count yourself in those categories, your time will come. Maybe 2011 will be the year for you. It is only now, in 2011, that I feel I am really living in the future. Sometimes it is helpful to think that the world will end tomorrow. It provides a sense of urgency to help you get things done, and makes every moment more beautiful.
So let's toast to that. The potential last year of our lives.
January 2011 Mix: Happy New Year!
1. "Tonight The Streets Are Ours" - Richard Hawley
2. "Freak Out" - Tapes 'n Tapes
3. "Kites" - Geographer
4. "When I'm Small" - Phantogram
5. "Sun Hands" - Local Natives
6. "Civilian" - Wye Oak
7. "Becoming A Jackal" - Villagers
8. "Shell Games" - Bright Eyes
9. "Steady As She Goes" (Raconteurs cover) - Corinne Bailey Rae
10. "Last Nite" (The Strokes cover) - Adele
11. "Tightrope" (Feat. Big Boi) - Janelle Monáe
12. "Used To Be" - Beach House
13. "Sabali" - Amadou & Mariam
14. "Happy New Year" - Camera Obscura
Cheers to all!