Monday, January 24, 2011

Chimp Champs


I saw "Project Nim" on Friday. It's about this. I wish I could write you an insightful review and tell you about it, but over the past few days, my brain has turned to mush. I have not slept enough or studied enough. I skipped five classes already. FIVE. Not the way it should be. 

And I'm trying to keep up on my jogging mileage. Luckily I have the most beautiful paths right outside.

ANYWAY.

The director, James Marsh, directed "Man on Wire," which won for best documentary a couple years ago. I got to meet him, as well as Bob and Laura from the film. Cool.

The movie reminded me of this episode of Radiolab. 

My one complaint is the use of the word "Nim" in the title. It reminds me too much of this movie:


I guess they are sort of connected. They both deal with experimentation on animals.
Did I tell you that I listened to this book on tape the beginning of last semester? Except it's true title is "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh". And it isn't half as creepy as the movie. I highly recommend it. 

And that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment