March is the most fickle of months. It makes me anxious. So here is a mix to try and relieve all of that. Enjoy.
1. Dougou Badia (feat. Santigold) - Amadou & Mariam
2. Young Heart - Fast Years
3. Temporary - White Rabbits
4. Unless You Speak From Your Heart - Porcelain Raft
5. Second Chance - Liam Finn
6. Wintersong - Blake Mills
7. Record Collector - Lissie
8. In the Yard - Bowerbirds
9. Brains - Lower Dens
10. Between The Bars (Elliott Smith Cover - Acoustic version) - Madeleine Peyroux
11. Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub) - Bon Iver
12. Rivers and Roads - The Head and the Heart
13. I Follow Rivers (The Lost Sessions version) - Lykke Li
14. Le Temps De L'amour - Françoise Hardy
15. 1901 (Phoenix Cover) - Birdy
16. Ascending (For Molly) - Eric and Brinn Chipman
1. Let's learn a little bit about Amadou & Mariam, shall we?
3. I am posting this video so you can watch it and love the drummers. That's right, drummers. Plural. Watch for them at 3:17 and again at 3:29.
7. Does anyone else feel like they should get up and dance the hora around 2:25?
9. Listening to this song sort of just makes me want to listen to this other song. OMG. Watch the drummer...That just looks painful. I actually never knew that that sound came from a human being.
10. You may have heard Madeleine Peyroux's cover before, but this acoustic version is even better. About 10 years ago, this became my first, real, favorite song. I had favorite songs before, but none of them have grown with time like this one has. If you want to break your heart a little more, you can watch this video. Honestly.
14. This probably sounds familiar because of this trailer. Thanks Wes Anderson.
16. Friends of friends of friends. This song is anything but fickle and anxious. It is the antithesis of all that. Just lovely.