Thursday, March 8, 2012

Missing school.

You are missing school when you visit this website for fun, and have an e-mail subscription for Spanish grammar from this website.

It's getting bad guys. My ability to speak and translate Spanish is wavering.

To make up for this, I've been listening to a lot of Spanish music at work. I've made an *!Espanol! mix on Spotify. Clink on the link to listen to i!

*Despite majoring in Spanish, I still have a hard time remembering how to do upside down exclamation point and stuff

I've also tried reading more so my brain doesn't turn to mush.

In the past couple months, I've read:

The Princess Bride - William Goldman

World War Z - Max Brooks
Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England - Brock Clarke
The Children of Men - P.D. James

I know. These aren't exactly the most intellectual of choices. But I'm not quite ready to jump into textbooks again. I guess I should be studying so I can eventually take the Foreign Service Exam, but I'm dragging my feet.

I'm kind of tired of tired of grown-up novels. They're generally cynical, even when they try to be hopeful. All of these books (with the exception of The Princess Bride), left me feeling sort of glum. But I'm on the lookout for some new reads. Any suggestions?

It's only been a couple months, but I'm already excited to eventually return to school when I finish my VISTA year. We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment