Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Skillz

My dad has been helping me put together a resume and listed my "skills" as follows:

Fluent in Spanish
Proficient in Microsoft Word, other software applications
Music: Voice and Piano
Other: Carpentry, Plumbing, Landscaping
Photography, Pottery, Other Arts & Crafts

Wishful thinking Pops. I have none carpentry, plumbing, or landscaping skills. I can write about pottery, and sell it to you, but I don't actually make it myself (I did make a swan, a teapot, and a golden snitch from Harry Potter in my highschool ceramics class though...maybe that's what he was referring to.) As to "Other Arts and Crafts", I'm pretty good at collages, but I don't know how interested any future employers would be in that.
Can I be one of these people without actually doing what they do?
What is it that they do anyway?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment