Monday, May 23, 2011

Kids are cooler than me.



Yeah, I'm one of those now.

I'm not married.
I don't kids of my own.
But considering that for the rest of the summer, I will mostly be socializing with beings 20 years younger than me, you better be ready for some kid stories.

oh dear.
I've turned into a "mom blogger" without actually being a mom.

Anyway.

The first kid I watched today was so funny. He LOVES music, so we got along swimmingly, especially when I found this in his cupboard:

It has kids songs by Guster, Cake, and Billy Bragg.
That is neat.

He also plays the drums really well. Like I'm not kidding, the boy has rhythm. I mean, he's at least as good as Meg White, at least.

One of the other boys I watched today was a smarty too. He was jumping around the living room, trying to do barrel rolls and stuff. I said, "Wow, you're pretty good. You must be an acrobat". He kind of gave me a look of disdain and said, "No, I'm a break dancer".
Then, when he was getting ready for bed, he was trying to find excuses to avoid it. He tried adjusting the drapes, picking out more books to read, etc. Finally, I was about to leave the room, and he said, 

"Wait! I have a problem".
"What?" I answered.
"My tongue is REALLY hot."

hahaha

"Uh, would you like some water?" I asked.
"Nah," he said. "I'll just sleep with my mouth open".

Then he closed his eyes and settled down with his mouth gaping open. 

Awwww kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment