Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stranger in a Strange Land

Over 3 days back east. I am not yet a native.
Virginia and the general D.C. area are places that I would consider foreign.
They have all the characteristics of what I would call a foreign place.

1) Humidity
2) Green
3) Unique architecture
4) Different smells


They share these characteristics with other foreign places I have been to in my life like
Lima, The Cotswolds in Britain, Pokhara (Nepal), and Disneyland.

So far, I like it.

I've been jogging on this trail the past couple mornings:
From now on, I will refer to it as "waddling on the WOD," as I am so out of shape, I waddle more than run. But anyway, the trail is great. My iPod was specially loaded for this sort  of daily endeavor. This morning, the soundtrack to my WODdling was The Black Keys "Brothers" album. A good choice if I may say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment