Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Mix: New Brunette

I am using the Air as my primary computer this summer, which means I only have a tiny fraction of my music collection at my disposal. But I think this is also a benefit. It forced me to examine each of the tracks I had, and see if I should keep them because of low memory capacity. a sa consequence, I rediscovered some oldies but goodies. I think you will like them too.

1. The Perfect Nanny- Jon Langford
2. Greetings To The New Brunette - Billy Bragg
3. A Summer Song - Chad & Jeremy
4. Time of the Season - The Zombies
5. Needed Change - Skrillex
6. There's a Star - Ash
7. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
8. Calgary - Bon Iver
9. Maybe You Can Owe Me - Architecture in Helsinki
10. Singin' In The Rain - Gene Kelly
11. Parklife - Blur
12. Maybe Tomorrow - The Chords
13. Young Boy - Paul McCartney
14. (Nothing But) Flowers - Talking Heads
15. Te Imagino - De La Ghetto & Alexandra
16. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Cake
17. No Matter What - Badfinger
18. In the Sun - Michael Stipe & Coldplay
19. Bugs - O'Death
20. Poor Places (Wilco cover) - The Punch Brothers
21. Surround Me - Ben Taylor

NOTES:
1. That's me! I hope.
2. That's me too!
3. It's summer.
4. I love Zombies (but only the musical kind)
5. Dubstep. You may have thought I would have fallen off this terrifying bandwagon. Nope. Not yet. in fact, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on it. haha
7. So here's the thing. I know that for most of you, you heard this song over and over in like, 2008? 2009? Well I was on my mission still, so I didn't. But on the off chance I did get a chance to hear it in the streets of Peru or Bolivia, it just about made me tear up and i don't even know why cause the lyrics are pretty much incomprehensible. Whatever. There is a line that says "missionaries in a foreign field and I would say to the hermanas, "That's us! They are singing about us!" I don't think they were as impressed as I was. And now when we're driving in the car and I want to listen to this cd everyone kind of moans because they are sick of it. But I still love it. So there you go.
But what a boring music video.
8. New Bon Iver, mmmmmm
9. Maybe going to their concert. FUN.
10. I hear it has been raining and gloomy in Salt Lake. This one's for you.
11. Why don't people love Blur? I still think they are great. Damon Albarn. Luv him.
14. David Burns is super. If  any of you happen to find the Caetano Veloso cover of this song, I would love a copy.
15. Translation: She takes me to the moooo-oooo-oooo-ooo-oon!
16. I intentionally picked this video because it is soooo bad. Love it.
18. "I think this is the greatest song ever written, in my opinion," - Chris Martin. I kind of agree.
19. Iron & Wine + Midlake + The Shins + Punch Brothers + Yann Tiersen - cynicism = O'Death
21. I found this song in the midst of my "America Dreams" obsession (Auralee, Ingrid, and Whitney. You girls know what I'm talking about). If you haven't watched American Dreams yet, you really need to see the error of your ways. It only lasted 3 seasons, suffering an early and undeserved demise, just like Freaks and Geeks and Pushing Daisies. Anyway. YES. Ben Taylor is James Taylor's son. Great right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment