Saturday, December 10, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Here's just one of the many ridiculous things I've had to sort through while studying for my Spanish classes:



I will NOT miss it.

Also, I learned today that catering is not for the faint of heart.
Our truck broke down
while I was driving it
on I-15, at point of the mountain
and we were already half an hour late
and it was FULL of food and tables and coolers
and there were no other vans available to come get us.

But my coworkers and I are very blessed with awesome family and friends. They all pitched in to help us on our way. A miracle.
We arrived there after the party has started, and two hours past when we were supposed to set up.
I made sure when the truck broke down, that we at least had cups at our location so that the guests could still have beer and wine while they wait. Neither I, nor those I cater with are partakers of alcohol.  But I sure appreciate it sometimes  in terms of the effect it had on our guests. They were in good spirits, so they didn't miss the late food as much.

In other news, I met a real live man with a hook for a hand while I was working at "Christmas Around the World".
It was awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment