Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas and Beginning Again


For those who haven't watched this movie before, this scene might seem a little silly. But it's my favorite scene from my favorite Christmas movie, Scrooge. I feel that it perfectly encapsulates the blessings that came with the birth of Christ. Through his atonement, we too are able to have a new start, and begin again. .
Alma testified about the power of the process of repentance in the Book of Mormon:
Alma 36:19-21 
19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.
I know that this is true; I've felt it myself.

I hope that you all have a happy Christmas, and that you also find peace and joy in your life, from whatever source guides you.

No comments:

Post a Comment