Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Something Christmasy, or something.



Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. When I have nothing that I need to do, I choose to do nothing at all, even if I generally like doing it. Hence, no blogging.

Some updates:

  • I'm slowly, but surely moving home (I'll be there for a month).
  • Allison's wedding was great. Such a happy thing. 
  • I went to the library and was so excited. I could finally read for fun again! But, I checked out too many books, including: The Princess Bride - William Goldman, Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions - Kurt Vonnegut, Complete Short Stories of Evelyn Waugh (who is not a girl, by the way), The Commitments - Roddy Doyle, Dandelion Wine - Ray Bradbury. I also checked out the audiobook World War Z. Yep. It's about zombies. Perfect for Christmas, right? It actually focuses more on the social and political effects of a zombie war. Like a collection of interviews that an anthropologist would compile. Oh man. I'm a nerd. It's good, but not good enough. I should of just checked out the book so I could get through it faster. But I knew that if I read it, I would get to freaked out. Book scare me more than anything else. Some of the images from The Road still haunt me. ANYWAY. I probably will just wait for the movie to come out instead.
  • On a related not. I'm listening to Catching Fire. Definitely on a Hunger Games kick. Note to Jade if you are reading this: I hope it's not past due. I'm planning on dropping it off at the library for you!
  • I'm working on make a duvet cover/quilt out of some old sweatshirts from high school. I know it sounds lame, but I think it could look cool. Hopefully it will turn out something like this.
  • I drove to Provo on Sunday night, and I'm not leaving til Friday morning. It is super weird. Feels abandoned.
So here is something Christmasy for you. My favorite scene from one of my favorite Christmas specials: "Merry Christmas Mr. Bean!"



No comments:

Post a Comment