Friday, December 2, 2011

December Mix: I'm right here

I am so glad it's December!
I am so excited for the holidays!
And I am so ready to be done with school!
I can't wait for everything Christmas. I've been sampling Justin Beiber's new Christmas album on Spotify, and have a Bing Crosby holidays station on Pandora. But, if you are like me, you cannot handle all Christmas music all the time. *(Unless you are listening to one of my top 3 Christmas albums ever. More on that later)* So here is a mix for that time when your ears need a break. Don't worry, it starts and finishes with Christmas songs, so you aren't a total Scrooge. I also made sure that many of the songs prominently feature bells and jingly Christmas noises, even though they aren't actual carols. And a lot of the themes in the songs are actually quite pertinent to Christmas, so there.

God bless us, everyone.


1. Father Christmas - The Kinks
2. Peter Pan - Jinja Safari
3. Junk of the Heart (Happy) - The Kooks
4. How Charming?! - Rizzle Kicks
5. Heatwave (feat. Martha & The Vandellas) - Cee-Roo
6. Odessa - Olenka and the Autumn Lovers
7. Les amours dévouées - Coeur De Pirate
8. My Body is A Cage (Arcade Fire cover) - Sara Lov
9. Skinny Love - Birdy
10. Five Minutes - Scattered Trees
11. I Will Be the One - Quiet American
12. Oh Yoko - John Lennon
13. Ivory Road - King Charles
14. Modern Drift - Efterklang
15. Edelweiss - The Honey Trees
16. Christmas Time Is Here - Sondre Lerche


Notes:
1. I debated whether to start this mix out with "Oi to the world". It is a favorite.
2. Peter Pan: Adorable in book form.

Not so adorable in real life.

Peter Pan syndrome. It's all the rage. Coming soon to a college campus near you!
3. <3
4. Rizzle Kicks. My love for you grows deeper everyday.
5. This song reminds me of watching American Dreams. I miss that show sooooo much.
10. So good. So, so good.
12.
13. "You're the fastest of the fish. You're the prickliest pear. You're a chameleon in the night. You're the sahara sun's glare."
16.

No comments:

Post a Comment