Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fashion Smashin'

My dear friend George just graduated from fashion school! He escaped LA for a bit, so Linds put on a little get-together for him to celebrate his achievement. We all dressed up as different fashion styles (I got the 80's), played "pin-the-clothes-on-the-mannequin," and ooohed and ahhhed over George's portfolio.



I like to pretend I am "fashion" (note: I remember going to my new ward in Peru, and Sister Loidith introduced herself saying, "Hermanas, soy lo mas fashion de todo el barrio!" tranlation: "Sisters, I am the most "fashion"/stylish in the whole ward". She was fun.) I follow The Sartorialist and Garance Dore in hopes that their good taste will rub off on me.

But I'm not usually not interested in fashion shows that much. Unless it's Project Runway, but that's cheating. They just seem so unbelievable. There is usually nothing anyone could really pull of wearing in public, and I don't have the right background to fully understand it all. That is, until I saw photos from the Hermes Fall 2011 ready-to-wear show:







I WANT EVERYTHING AND I WANT TO WEAR IT ALL THE TIME.

When I saw this, my first thought was that this outfit would be great for the Hunger Games themed party I will inevitably throw:
Hermès Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Leather leggings? So necessary.

Why yes! That is a bow and arrow!

Go here to see all the photos from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment