Friday, April 5, 2013

A Pre-Conference Thought

A few months ago, my roommate lent me her favorite book to read, "The Blue Castle".



Don't let the cheesy cover dissuade, I like it! It's by the same author as the Anne of Green Gables books if you're into that sort of thing. There's a quote from the book I've been holding onto for the past few months that I wanted to share.
"Fear is the original sin. Almost all the evil in the world has it's origin in the fact that someone is afraid of something, It is a cold, slimy serpent coiling about you. It is horrible to live with fear; and it is of all things degrading."
At the risk of being too simplistic, I think this is mostly true. Fear can keep us from growing. That's where this scripture from the New Testament comes in.

1 John 4:15-18
15. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 
16. And we have known and believed that the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 
17. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he is, so are we in this world. 
18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear...
 I'm so excited about General Conference. These scriptures and quotes are kind of guiding what I hope to get out of it. I'm working to build my testimony in the love of Christ, and hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment